search

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

i am thor! odinson and god of thunder!

John Amor recently gave me comics to read and to study. When I received the comic books, I was thinking that I should first read the stories that I like the least. I love the character Thor, but I haven't read a good story about that Thunder God. It's always too corny or too full of words. So, I was expecting to read the same old story again.
On the very first page, I was surprised! I was so amazed at what J. Michael Straczynski (writer), Olivier Coipel (penciler), and Mark Morales (inker) did with the character. I have always seen Thor as an old but powerful and wise Thunder God as depicted on my Thor fan art. I find the young Thor lacking the 'god factor' but after reading the new Thor, I was floored!
The art is so good and perfectly compliments the story. This book has become one of my favorites overtime.
I owe John Amor big time for re-introducing me to Thor!

No comments: